• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maciej

Mapping textures on triangle strips :-(

This topic is 5894 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All users! Today is nice occasion to wish you success in your WORK. INTERNATIONAL DAY of WORK!!! But there is also a problem: Do you know how to map textures onto triangle strips? First is a polygon. Next I divide it into many triangles (100..1000). When I have many points in specific order I can generate triangle strips. Now I''d like to map textures on these triangles. But how to generate texture coordinates? For each loop iteration I have only one point''s coordinates... So I don''t know how to give three remaining points (except origin point, which can be the next strip point). I need to draw triangle strips, because I have many polygons which I have to divide into small triangles. Will the texture remain in polygon shape? Please help.... Very thanks for reading this message. Ploretariat poeple from every countries: unite each other! :-))

Advertisement
So, are you saying your final object will still look like a quad, only more vertices?

If thats the case, you can leave your texture coords the same on your original 4 vertices, and for each new vertex, determine the distance it is from the original vertices on both axes. Scale to [0..1] and thats your new texture coord.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!