Finished...but Game is Naked!

Started by
3 comments, last by Woody FX 21 years, 11 months ago
Finished the game! Well i''ve achieved everything i set out to do, but the game feels naked! But it will be marked against alot of other really good projects including a Biometircs System and a Distributed Database over Windows and OS3. I''ll not recieve any credit for the Isometric part as it''s Tans work. The game was built around TANSTAAFL engine from his Book! this is what the Game features (turn bassed) 1) 1 player Unit 2) 10 Enemy units. 3) Unit actions are animated 4) Sound Effects 5) Enemy A.I. (Does movement and attacks) But it seems very Naked. The game is set in a desert and i found a song that i think would suit as a Background tune it''s Leftfeild''s Rhino+(something) What does it take to load a song in and play it for a game. the song is 6 minutes long, so you''d probably not load it in at all maybe. Then could you with the press of a key turn off the music. Also if anybody has got any suggestions to something really sexy that would help us impress the lectures please shout.. They''re all Database kind of people who get a hard-on for Oracle stuff... Any suggestions will not have to be impossible to implement as I''m doing my final Exams for the next month as well. (Bs Applied Computing) Thanks Everybody Brian
Advertisement
Hehe,

My group and I did the same thing for our 2nd year project at uni. The game is an isometric ''capture the flag'' but instead of having flags we have jumping monkeys with a lengthy but funny intro sequence explaining the plot of the story.

With regards to sound, we had the Beach Boys ''I Get Around'' playing in the background with an A Team ''I love it when a plan comes together'' going off every time you returned a monkey to your base.

We used TANSTAAFL''s sound code to help us with our music.

Good luck with your project,

Ed
The early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese ;)
Where can i get that .... ''i love it when a plan come togetaa''

How did you do that intro sequence....sounds cool!!
Where can we see this project ?

Will put it up on Friday want to rewrite the AI tonight...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement