network in opengl

Started by
2 comments, last by dhanyu 21 years, 11 months ago
could anybody please tell me how connect opengl graphic interface and simple server/client program together. I having trouble interacting client and graphic interface due to the mainloop(argc, argv) in open gl. Cannot run recv(.....) and send(...) commands in a loop and pass values to the graphic interface if somebody have sample code that written in c/c++ that will be great. I couldn''t find any tutorial or article about how openGL and networks working together. - thanking you Dhanyu
dhanyu
Advertisement
I don''t understand how you are doing it now, once you make your rendering context, what problem do you have? You do not lose this unless you destory the window/screen.

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I don''t understand how you are doing it now, once you make your rendering context, what problem do you have? You do not lose this unless you destory the window/screen.

Well my problem is if I run graphic and network in two processors (using fork() ) in unix..... those two are independent programs. I have structure that I passing one user to another. But the graphic part has to read the structure and display new values on the screen. My problem is interacting this child and parent together. cannot pipe eachother because openGL mainloop not open for communicate with network process. so I cannot display any of the new values i get from another user.

Hope this is clear out about my problem. I''m appreciate your kind response. Thank you and good luck for future you stepped into.

- dhanyu
dhanyu
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Well my problem is if I run graphic and network in two processors (using fork() ) in unix..... those two are independent programs. I have structure that I passing one user to another. But the graphic part has to read the structure and display new values on the screen. My problem is interacting this child and parent together. cannot pipe eachother because openGL mainloop not open for communicate with network process. so I cannot display any of the new values i get from another user.

Hope this is clear out about my problem. I''m appreciate your kind response. Thank you and good luck for future you stepped into.

- dhanyu
dhanyu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement