java book

Started by
3 comments, last by sunone 21 years, 11 months ago
I''m a C/C++ programmer but I''d like also to know Java from a good book... not a newbie''s book , but a reference-book ''couse I already know a lot of programming-thing... what is the best as for you ? Please write me also the author ''couse I''m Italian and maybe I can found an Italian version of the book
Advertisement
How about Core Java by Cay S. Horstmann and Gary Cornell? There are two different volumes, Core Java Volume I - Fundamentals, and Core Java Volume II - Advanced Features.

I''ve never read the first volume, but Volume II has been a pretty decent reference for me.

-pirate_dau
and nothing about "How to program Java" by Deitel & Deitel ?
quote:Original post by sunone
and nothing about "How to program Java" by Deitel & Deitel ?

I learnt from that book - it''s not got as much on data structures as the Core book, but its got alot of good sections on Swing in it. Depends how solid you feel on your data structures (although, imho, you''ll need more help understanding swing than arraylists, hashmaps etc.).
You may be interested in the online Java tutorial by Sun (token link). Not the same as a dead tree, but maybe it''ll give you a place to start. All of Sun''s online docs (token link) are pretty good for reference.

-pirate_dau

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement