I just want to put some polygons on screen!!

Started by
12 comments, last by creativeminds 21 years, 11 months ago
Another possible cause of your problem is that the vertices for each quad are not co-planar.

In order to draw quads you need to be 100% certain that all your points lie on exactly the same plane or the drawing operation will quietly fail. This is one reason why quads are horrible.

Try drawing your object using triangles or triangle lists - with only triangles your points are garaunteed to be co-planar so this problem simply doesn''t arise.
Advertisement
Why does nobody ever post followups in this forum?

Did you get the problem sorted, creativeminds?

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

I finally got the problem sorted out. There was nothing wrong with the points for the quads, but there was something wrong with how I setup opengl. I don''t have the code in front of me to tell how I fixed it but it was a minor bug.
In regards to having my object number ''3'' when the real number is ''4'' is that out of the blue when I was starting my project I decided to have it ''3'' instead of 4 so I wont have to remember to subtract one for each for loop that deals with the NumObects.
It caused more problems that it solved.
quote:Original post by creativeminds
I finally got the problem sorted out. There was nothing wrong with the points for the quads, but there was something wrong with how I setup opengl. I don''t have the code in front of me to tell how I fixed it but it was a minor bug.
In regards to having my object number ''3'' when the real number is ''4'' is that out of the blue when I was starting my project I decided to have it ''3'' instead of 4 so I wont have to remember to subtract one for each for loop that deals with the NumObects.
It caused more problems that it solved.

So what you do is create a #define like:

#define OBJECT_COUNT (WorldObjects.count() - 1)

and then you:

for (i=0; i
or whatever..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement