dos graphics in MVC C++ 6.0

Started by
26 comments, last by vaneger 21 years, 11 months ago
hi, im trying to figure out how to use dos graphics in c++, unfortuantly my computer science teacher doesnt know so im posting here. Im looking for graphics similar to the basic ones in well BASIC like circle, line etc.Any Help?
Advertisement
goto google:

search for: DOS Graphics Library

tons of links there

-me

[edited by - Palidine on May 1, 2002 8:12:40 PM]
If you''re talking about graphics as in lighting up one pixel at a time, you have to use software interrupts to call BIOS and MSDOS functions - which does get tricky if you''re not familiar with assembly and how interrupts work.
i''m pretty sure he means things like drawCircle(center_x, center_y, radius). or line(begin_x, begin_y, end_x, end_y).

i did some stuff with that back in high school. the teacher provided us with a DOS graphics API. that''s way to long ago for me to remember so i''d follow that google trail.

-me
And that stuff won''t work in VC6 anyway. If you want to do graphics, you''ll need to use GDI, DirectX, or a wrapper lib such as Allegro, SDL, or ClanLib.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
quote:Original post by Martee
And that stuff won''t work in VC6 anyway. If you want to do graphics, you''ll need to use GDI, DirectX, or a wrapper lib such as Allegro, SDL, or ClanLib.

Actually, I''m pretty sure it WOULD work on VC6, provided that you set it up correctly! Remember, VC6 still can do DOS apps.

To the original poster, this link will provide you with everything you need to get started doing VGA graphics in 13h (320x240x256).

http://www.brackeen.com/home/vga/index.html

"I am governed by none other than the Laws of the Universe."
quote:Original post by i8degrees
Original post by Martee
Remember, VC6 still can do DOS apps.

Not true. VC++6 can only do 32 bit Windows applications.

--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
Not true. VC++6 can only do 32 bit Windows applications.

I think he''s mixing up DOS and console apps (which VC++ 6 can definately do).

Mike
Hmm, guess I will actually have to install VC6++ and see myself, I always thought that you could...

use SDL (they have a MSVC makefile, and i have written a very basic primitives library.. see the post on this board about gfx utilities

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement