Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wymsical

Weird Textures

Wymsical    122
Hi, my program seems to have a weird problem with the textures. Every so often, parts of the textures will be corrupted with some red/yellow/orange strip (that changes depending on the angle of the camera). The locations of the corruption are consisten, every time i run teh program the same textures will be corrupted in the same location. This however only happens to me on my laptop (radeon mobility), it works fine on my geforce 2 and my other radeon (i dunno which it is). The texture corruption only seems to happen to the main texture, any automatically-generated mip maps don''t have the problem. I have a screenshot of what it looks like: http://mars.spaceports.com/~sedition/1.jpg its odd, I don''t even know how it can be corrupted like this. any help/insight would be greatly appreciated Wymsical

A J Oja    122
All I can think of is that you''re using palettized textures and haven''t flushed the texture memory when changing from desktop to SDL window...

Other than that... it might be a bug in the UVW coords when some of them become NULL... I have no damn idea why and it persists on cheap laptop cards like yours and mine plus it only comes when I use palettized textures and/or SDL. We might not even be talking about the same thing but I wanted to post this nonetheless

- A.J. -
"Where is the KABOOM!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM!"

Wymsical    122
WHAT!?!? RADEON ISN"T CHEAP!! but i''m using 24 bit textures here, maybe its my vid card and it only does that in windowed mode but i doubt it, i''ve used other ogl programs in windowed mode

Wallaba

Wymsical    122
I''ve got more information about this problem, but still, no solution. I got the same problem again whit a simple textured square on the screen. The square starts off fine but the corruption occurs when it goes off the screen, but only in certain conditions:
- when the texture goes off the bottom if i rotate the camera upwards
- when i spin all the way around (heading)

It does not corrupt however if it goes off the screen from translating past the square.

I also noticed that the textures get fixed if i switch to another window and back again. but then will corrupt again if i rotate my camera again.

a little more about my system/program: i''m using XP and SDL, could either of those cause this problem?

All the games i play, and all the NeHe-LOTR Contest entries i tried work fine