4E3 - Win a GeForce 4 or Radeon 8500

Started by
329 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 21 years, 2 months ago
It's that time of year again. Time for you to flex your graphics programming muscles. Yes folks, it's time for the 3rd Annual Four Elements contest. To enter, you need to create a game or demo featuring all four elements (Water, Wind, Earth, and Fire) and submit it by July 12th . The winner will receive either a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 or Radeon 8500 128MB* (their choice), courtesy of GameDev.net (unless a sponsor steps up). You can get the full details here. *- If ATI's next gen card is available when the contest ends, we'll up it to that.
Advertisement
Does ''graphics programming'' mean that other stuff (eg sound) may be ignored ?
i think that''s on you... but i''ll give it a shot coz a Ti4600 sounds very good!

-:[starts coding]:-

REALITY.SYS corrupted, reboot UNIVERSE? [y/n]
REALITY.SYS corrupted, reboot UNIVERSE? [y/n]
OMFG KTHX BIE!

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Refrence | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

Can people living outside the States participate in this contest (and win prizes)? I couldn''t find any information on this on the contest page.
-------homepage - email
Damn, I only wish I could enter... I''m not good at OGL yet...and only have knowledge in SDL (not a very graphically impressive API) Well I guess I''ll try to do what I can. Bye Bye.
Sup guys?
Several questions (not mentioned in the rules)

1) Can people living in Europe participate?
2) Can models and textures from freeware web sources be used?
---Quite soon...ICQ: 163187735
quote:Original post by Myopic Rhino
Radeon 8500 128MB*
*- If ATI''s next gen card is available when the contest ends, we''ll up it to that.

Could the All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500 be considered ATI''s next gen card? (I already own an All-In-Wonder Pro 128 AGP, so the only upgrade for me is a better 3D chipset)
is interactivity a requirement?
quote:"a game or demo" Rhino

i think he means:

"game" -> an interactive playable demo
"demo" -> a ''simple'' non-interactive demo

so to answer you, nope, it''s not a requirement.

"Shadow of annoyance Ne''''er come hither! ...And when He falleth, He falleth like Lucifer, Ne''''er to ascend again..."

TOT
"Shadow of annoyance Ne''er come hither! ...And when He falleth, He falleth like Lucifer, Ne''er to ascend again..."
TOT

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement