Program refusing to run

Started by
3 comments, last by remi 21 years, 11 months ago
I''m running WinXP and using DX to program a game(Visual C++6 as compiler). My game ran well untill i made some changes in some of the functions, now when i compile the code and ask to run it,it doesn''t even start and i have a message box that pops up telling me that "MyGame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". Well, in my WinMain() function, i delete the functions Game_Init(),Game_Main() and Game_ShutDown() so that the changes i made could not affect the program anymore, but it still not working! I have even restart my computer but nothing. Could any kind man here give some suggestions? I''m going crazy.
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"
Advertisement
Yes, call Miss Cleo cause we can''t read your mind...

Give us some more info; like what did you add or something.
Did someone send for me? Oh, I see. Let Miss Cleo think about your problem for a minute.....
Wait, I'm gettin' a psychic message...
Did you use a '==' instead of a '='?
Hmm, that can't be it.
What about trying to write to somewhere in memory you shouldn't? You don't need Miss Cleo to tell you that's a no-no!
No, that's not it, either.
Let me consult my Tarot cards....
Ah! The King of Spears! Go to line 73 of your main.cpp and change all the greater thans to less thans. Oh, and don't forget to include all the DirectX headers. That will help you more than anything else Miss Cleo can tell you to do!

--------------
Call me now!!!

[edited by - Miss Cleo on May 2, 2002 2:03:29 AM]
--------------Call me now!!!
i find the cause of the problem, thanx for anyone who wanted to help.

U were very funny "Miss Cleo", just like a CLOWN
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"
Miss Cleo rules!

However, this error is clearly caused by solar flares that are occuring because of the planetary aligment. The flares interfere with the magnetic field of the earth. This in turn has led to certain flocks of geese losing their way entirely. One of those flocks flew over remi's computer. Of course, at that precise moment, one of the geese had to break for a sparrow that ran a red light. The startled goose dropped... er... something... right through remi's window into the cooling vents on his monitor. The spike of electricity as some small piece of electronic gadgetry short-circuited made its way through the monitor-lead, up his GeForce card, all the way through the AGP bus, motherboard and IDE controller onto his hard drive. There, it corrupted one single bit of the MSVC compiler, which now alway incorrectly compiles that particular piece of source code, causing it to crash on all days of the year, except September 31st.

Then again, it could be something else...

[edited by - Kippesoep on May 2, 2002 3:11:18 AM]
Kippesoep

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement