• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GarlandIX

Help with AccelGraphics card

This topic is 5867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an 8mb AccelSTAR II card and i don''t seem to be able to use Direct3D 8 on it. Direct3D 7 works fine, it is only Direct3D 8 that doesn''t work. Basically, whenever i try to run a program that uses it, I get errors setting the screen mode, initializing D3D, etc. Not a single D3D8 program works on my computer. So, i was wondering if anyone knows why i might be having these problems and how to fix them(if it''s possible). I have no idea why and after much STFWing I am still clueless as to why this happens. p.s. If it helps, here is what happened when i ran dxDiag.exe: Direct3D test results: Failure at step 5 (GetDeviceCaps): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available). Now right before this, it did the test using the DirectX 7 interfaces and worked perfectly, so it is only DirectX8 that causes these problems. ------------------------------ BASIC programmers don''t die, they just GOSUB and don''t return.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!