GDNet 4-Elements Contest

Started by
267 comments, last by vincoof 21 years, 9 months ago
FUCCCCCCKKKKKK
Sorry guys but I''ve just spent the best part of a day and a half re-installing and now my hdd is screwing up worse than ever before ! I''m probably gonna be on the sodding phone all tomorrow. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. please don''t delete or modify the OOP''ed Basecode directory. It''s the only copy I have at the moment and since things are going drastically wrong here I''d prefer this copy to remain until my PCs are back in working order. I have a console system half done but that''s on the dud system so it''ll have to wait...

Tony (stressed out of his mind)
<Fish>{
Advertisement
Hmmm...
It seems a lot of people''s having probs with their pc. Mine are solved but I must concentrate on work for uni till next tuesday. So I won''t have anytime to code anything before then.
"I have questions. Questions that need answering !" - Gandalf the gray, The fellowship of the ring
I''m still working on my AI knowledge Currently reading the pdf about the Quake 3 Arena bot..

I hope I can implement some cool AI in our game
hi everybody.
I''m sorry but my mailbox is unavailable so I can''t read any news from the project.
Is the project still alive ? I haven''t seen any file uploaded to sourceforge since the last 4 weeks.
TIA for any answer.
I''m pretty sure it is dead. There hasn''t been any discussion on the mailing list, except for a question asking whether the project was dead (which I few people responded yes to), and then another telling us about the contest being extended. A few of us said they would continue on the project because of the extension, but nothing has happened since then.

-Erunama
(been having trouble posting under my username)
I''m really sorry. I think we could have combined our work but probably we lacked some organization, or some time or something else...

If someone still thinks it''s alive then please reply.

Otherwise, see you in 2003 for the 4th 4-Elements Contest
I wouldn''t mind ''cept I''m gone for a few weeks on holiday soon. Maybe after... If we were to get it going again we''d need some serious commitment which I doubt many people are ready/able to give.

<Fish>{
<Fish>{
Thank you for replying.

That''s too bad, anyway. I wish I knew why we failed, in order to prevent other people from making the same mistakes.

We can''t say we lacked of time because we had no more no less time than other competitors.
We can''t say we weren''t enough programmers because I think so far we were the biggest team on the contest.
3 Reasons: Commitment, Organisation, Forward-Planning.
A general lack of all 3...
We should have wiped the slate clean and spend time drawing up a detailed structure for the system (as a collaborative effort involving everyone).

[edited by - TonyFish on July 15, 2002 1:37:45 PM]
<Fish>{

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement