Does anyone use Dev C++ here?

Started by
10 comments, last by devc_kid 21 years, 11 months ago
quote:Original post by BurntToast
Anyway, my only complaint with it at this stage (and it is rather important I guess), is that it doesn''t seem to give compiler warnings... there are no problems picking up fatal errors etc. but it doesn''t warn you about redundant code, things like that - which from a beginners point of view would be very handy to see.

Have you tried enabling them? I know the command line flag is ''-Wall''. You can try looking the GCC documentation for future questions, if you don''t want to wait for one of us to give you the answer .

Advertisement
Any day of the week, when Laplace and crew decide to get their butts in gear and release a new, non-buggy version of Dev-C++, I''ll gladly favor it over MSVC. Until such a time, I''ll keep taking M$''s crap because it crashes the least. And that''s a sad statement, but true.

You might not have had major issues with it if you''ve only used it as a newbie, but in my experience, it quickly becomes impossible to work with efficiently when you scale up your development model. I can say this because I used it to develop about 30% of one of my engines, after which I upgraded to a "newer, better" version (this was around 4.8 I think...). They introduced so many bugs with that release that the 5.0 beta STILL has most of them.

So, no.

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[if you have a link proposal, email me.]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement