LoL ya kiddies ;D

Started by
12 comments, last by Wavarian 21 years, 11 months ago
Hehe, ive been laughing since i read Nehe''s latest post about the people that emailed him about the prize not being enough.. C''mon, own up who was ya''s? *chuckles silently* obviously some (no doubt the underachievers of this contest < age 12) didnt realize how much a GeForce 4 video card is worth! You enter the contest to win, and when you discover that there is some greater talent out there, you''re legs become weak and you hassle the poor guy for more prizes so that you hope you can get a prize for coming last! =D Just wanted to express my happiness for this end to my day, thanks guys.
Advertisement
I have to agree, some people really don''t know what they''re talking about. The Geforce 4 Ti 4600 is simply, at the moment, the *best* video card available ! They are children, or trolls, pick your choice. I''ve got a SGI workstation at work, and believe me, the Geforce 4 is *a lot* faster. Stop whining, grow up!

Y.
I just read NeHe''s last comment and some people obviously have no clue about the work that must''ve gone into arranging this competition. I hope NeHe doesn''t take it too seriously, as you said probably just kids, but the popularity of the contest can be seen by the amount of entries.

And is the winner happens to be someone who complained about the prize, I''ll gladly take it off his hands
I think this contest would have been just as interesting if it had been a for-fun only contest. What the hell are people griping about? If you expect to get $5000 for coding something that basically comes to down to making some fun eye candy you have issues. I enjoy coding and the chance to show off some of your code along is more than enough reason to enter the contest. The fact Nehe added the simply BEST current available video card makes this a simply awesome chance to have some fun.

Whining bastards.
Hope NeHe didn''t take it too seriously.
I think the prizes on the contest are pretty bad.
I would expect as a second prize a brand new Ferrari F-40, and as a third prize a trip to Hawai.., to say the least. lol
What do you guys think ? Any more ideias for a second and third prize ?

Bruno
Actually I was one of the writers, who was so impressed with the # of entries (I expected ~30), and the qualities of many entries, that I did suggest a few more prizes and winning categories (best music/ring/models/effects/idea...)

And btw I did offer to fund them, and was a contributor to the main prize.

Or was I wrong?

zin

zintel.com - 3d graphics & more or less
Being the best demo among so many good ones isn´t enough??? the main prize the contest should give is prestige to the winner..
I was impressed he was even giving that card. Thats worth alot of money. I personally dont think anyone should enter a contest like this for a prize I think they should enter to show there love of programming. Ive won a few coding contests (just look at www.planetsourcecode.com) and they have many prizes to pick from and I gotta tell ya everytime im flattered that there doing this. Enter contests for the love of coden not for the prize. Its one of the reason the tech world has so many fakes people enter it for the money, I hate that. You should do what you do because you love it not because of the out come at the end is great.
--------------------------Nukemmsn: nukem996@hotmail.comaim: nukem996open source open mind
True Nukem. I do code/contest for the love of programming and graphics. And I have been on record for dispensing w/ judging altogether, in favor of a simple forum like this to discuss the entries afterwards.

I just think that a single prize for what turned out to be a very successful contest (re # participants and theme) was a bit unbalanced, heck, Apocalypse has 3 prizes for less than half the # of contributors.

zin

Of course this would be far less of an issue if NeHe had some sponsorship from a hardwware manufacturer. I am of the opinion that it was *incredibly* generous of him to make the prize the best around, and this resulted in it being the only prize. Would you wanna win the contest and get the same graphics card you''ve already got because Nehe had to fork out for 3 of them?? I think not!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement