BitBlt in Borland C++

Started by
8 comments, last by scallaway 21 years, 11 months ago
Can anyone tell me how to use BitBlt in Borland C++Builder? We''re creating a strategy game and would like to use BitBlt, because we are all familiar with it. Thanks Sean Callaway Lead Programmer, Oblivion GameWorks "I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Sean CallawayLead Programmer,Oblivion GameWorks"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Advertisement
You use it the exact same way you use it in any other C++ compiler.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Which is how?

Sean Callaway
Lead Programmer,
Oblivion GameWorks

"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Sean CallawayLead Programmer,Oblivion GameWorks"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Look it up

I will not make a list of links... I will not make a list of links... I will not make a list of links...
Invader''s Realm
If you still can''t figure it out. Sounds like someone needs to work on their basic programming knowledge before they delve into Win32 stuff...
And to not claim familiarity when there evidently is none...

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions ]
Heh. The context in which he mentions it suggests that its an API or something
First of all, it is an API! It is contained in gdi32.dll, and I am familiar using it via Visual Basic.

I thought the point of the forums were to help, not to try and bash people with your "I think I know all, but I don''t attitude".

Sean Callaway
Lead Programmer,
Oblivion GameWorks

"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Download the Windows platform SDK from Microsoft, it will contain all the win32 API documentation including the use of BitBlt. You are being flamed because you are asking about the use of a function which is readily documented in the platform SDK. You can not expect to program a game if you don''t even know where to find such basic information.
It''s not an API, its a function within an API. You''re refering to the Windows GDI. That could be concidered an API.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement