Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheeCrowe

"Program RPG in DX" problems

This topic is 5921 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Just like to say how much "Programming Roleplaying Games in DirectX" rocks! The Gamecore code alone makes it work the buy! Anyway I have started trying to write a 2D online game, and it so far Rocks. I have ran into 2 problems and hoping if anyone else ran into them and could help... 1. When I use DirectInput key scanning for the direction keys on the keyboard it does not perform correctly. The compiler give a truncation warning about it''s use but does not give specific lines. =( All other keys work properly. 2. Using the cTile class when I load an image with multiple tiles in it, the Width and Height become distorted of each independant file. Both are minor issues that I have already worked around. I just hoped someone maybe able to help me with idea on how to fix them. Thanks for any assitance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Figured one out on my own...

The cTile class makes everything a square. Hence and rectangle based graphics become distorted/stretched. - All my stuff were just slightly off square so it was hard to pick up at first.

Now to figure out the directional key press Bug!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!