• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

llvllatrix

little help needed - milkshape loading and strings

This topic is 5895 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im trying to create a function that reads a bunch of file paths to milkhshape models from a text file and loads them using the milkshape loading routine (look at rsn.gamedev.net). Unfortunately the load of the milkshape model is failing. I think its because of the strings formating but im not sure. I tried this to undo the formatting: char * string; int i = strlen(modelFilename); string = (char *)malloc(sizeof(char) * i); if (string == NULL) { MessageBox( NULL, "Insufficient memory", "Error", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR ); pModel = NULL; delete(pModel); return(false); } _mbsnbcpy( (unsigned char *)string, (unsigned char *)modelFilename, sizeof(char) * i); but still nothing. Anyone know why the models arn''t loading?

Advertisement
I have a problem with pathloading as well. The cause in my code is that the "/0" end of line character is in the pathstring as well. This makes the path invalid. Maybe you have the same problem.

I haven''t been able to fix it however (lack of time and sleep).

- An eye for an eye will make the world go blind -

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!