Linked lists and L-Systems

Started by
0 comments, last by Thr33d 21 years, 11 months ago
Hi. I''m not exactly new to computer programming, but I just had a general question and am probably too lazy to look very far into it. q1. Are linked lists the best option for l-system generation, or is there another option. q2. Binary trees: are they similar to linked lists but with 2 children? I''m real new to the linked list stuff, my brother''s just starting it in CS162, I''ve only taken a Visual Basic and cs133u (borland c++) class. Thanks in advance for the responses, I hope I''m not getting on people''s nerves for not crawling the internet first. I just wanted some to the point advice and info on the subjects w/o dealing with a ton of conflicting theory/etc. -Michael
Advertisement
I believe you want trees. You should also look into term rewriting systems, which is really just string substitution.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement