NEW TO THE GAME!

Started by
3 comments, last by devonne1 21 years, 11 months ago
what up people of game dev one of the best most convenit game makeing web sites around i just got a few things on my mind that i need some help with and i want to introduce myslef as this looks like the spot im a be at the most. well 1st thing is i realy realy realy want to make games i wanted to from playing jugal hunt to GTA3 when i was little i liked to player more than make but now when i play games i think man i could do a little better than this (game desing aspect anyway) and when i watch cartoons i think dang if you put this hear and that thier that would be thee bomb videogame like power rangers that maybe a corney live action show but it would make a phat rpg game and if you take out obi wan kenobe in starwas for x-box and put samuri jack with those same controls from starwar for x-box make the graphic way better and differnt backdrop take the story from the cartoon and BAM! you got your self a phat video game and i have these ideas in my head all day (wich finally brings us to my problem) but i dont know how to get them to be full working game and on my quest to make my smash hit games i learned a lot like i cant draw and i deffently cant draw with a mouse i cant program (yet) im still very new to that got a some skill in q basic and moved to c++ but i realy want to be a game desinger so (not to be raciest) i can make more games where black people are the stars and are represented right insted of angry emotional people who have no control and allways have to be the tuff guy but i want to know if i have to know how to do all of that to become a producer or game desinger and is their any programs that might not be listed on this web page or is listed that some one has a comment about to help me on my way or any help at all would be nice. well this is finnaly the end please comment on what i have to say GOOD OR BAD (your great!) or (you suck!) holla at me one love devonne1
devonne1
Advertisement
Oh man he''s asking for it, Go easy on this guy ok? he seems like a nice guy
Most of the advice that I''ve read suggests that if you want to be a game designer professionally, you have to work your way up through the studio. If you are skilled at programming or art then that is a good option. Become a game programmer/artist/level designer and learn from the designers you work with. Another way is through QA testing, but those positions are more likely to lead to being a producer rather than a designer (in house QA testing is generally done at the publisher, rather than the developer). Of course, to be a tester (or a designer) you need excellent communicative skills so....
This guy is going places.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/
Welcome to GameDev. That said, we don''t like for people to post the same question in multiple forums (if you feel there are extenuating circumstances, include them in your post). I moved your other post to the For Beginners forum, and will now close this one.

Part of why we have that rule is to allow people to focus on what interests them. It''s annoying to see Windows-related posts in a Linux forum, or DirectX topics on an OpenGL board. So help us to make this a better site for you.

Thanks.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement