Violence in game

Started by
2 comments, last by NeLo 21 years, 11 months ago
Hi. I design a gore game. Many cadavers, blood, hearts, demons... It''s possible to publish? I need to make a ''light version'' with green blood for example? Thx.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."Mark Twain
Advertisement
There''s plenty of gore games. You can publish a gore game but it will probably get a M (MATURE) rating so you''ll have a smaller target range which result in less sales.

But it really depends on what kind of games it is. There''s a difference between a "normal" FPS with monsters and gore and a realistic game of murder where you are the murderer and you must kill/torture/decapitate victims in the goriest fashion.
Thx for the reply.

The protagonist isn''t a killer. Is the good of the story The player have to kill the bad people and monsters (a typical FPS). But the background of the story is very bloody, in some scenes can see murders and bloody scenes. It''s excessive or normal in the actual games?

Thx for your attention
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."Mark Twain
Well ok, but it doesnt really matter unless you target a specific market. Ask your publisher if it''s ok. If you''re indie, do as you please!

Resident Evil on the Gamecube was released 2 days ago. Nintendo is known to target the EVERYONE rating and RE is very very gory (M rating).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement