Need the Linux sourcecode for Lesson 10

Started by
2 comments, last by Fab102 21 years, 11 months ago
Hi Is there a sourcecode for Linux from tutorial 10 ?? It must work with gcc and Mesa. Where can I find some linux opengl codes from the tutorials ?
OpenGl rules .. please visit my homepage http://www.coding.ch.vu
Advertisement
Jeff took them down temporarily. If you don''t mind using SDL, go to libsdl.org and you can download conversions of the NeHe tutorials to SDL.

not to be mean, but the important code within the tutorial will work on linux. just read through, understand the snippets (all of which should work on linux with few changes if any). you should by this stage begining understand things so you can absorb the information presented and apply it. i know its difficult, but a requirment to get anywhere programming.

you should already understand most non opengl aspects of programming, and know opengl well enough to do simple things. if you dont have this knowledge, then you should not be looking at tutorial 10, and should play around more with what you have learned thus far until you completely understand it.

plus you seem to have the previous tutorials, so just use that as a base and work from there. while mesa is slightly differnt, it is close enough to opengl that you can easily use the tutorial with a full linux source listing for the titorial.

btw, a quick search on google will yield what you want.
To add a pair of slightly offtopic cents.

SDL is wonderful... use it! Straight X and glX code isnt the most straightforward to code, and is most certainly not easily ported to other platforms. Nehe has an SDL version of the tutorials. if they arent up, email me @ demosh@attbi.com. I have several of them sitting around, ill be more than happy to send over a tarball.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement