What do you look for in a free web-host?

Started by
19 comments, last by KalvinB 21 years, 11 months ago
"Aruba is one of the biggest italian ISP (Internet Service Provider)."

Figured it was an ISP. I can''t compete with a corporation that''s pulling in money from many different sources. "Unlimited Disk Space" is like "Night and Weekend" minutes. Most people don''t use much space. A typical personal site is less than 1MB. They probably have a very resrictive policy on how large files can be and what can be stored there. With mine you get 50MB for free and your files just have to fit in that space.

"Remote Linking" is banned on some (if not most) hosting sites because people then use that space as storage to hide warez and other illegal content and use a second service as the front end.

I can''t offer unlimited space because I don''t have that kind of money to blow on harddrives and I''m catering to people who have large files they need a home for so they can then use Download.com or whatever to get them out there. I expect that most people who sign up for my service will use a significant portion of the disk space.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | Programming | Gang Wars | The Wall]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement