OpenGL 2.0 shading language compiler?

Started by
22 comments, last by NaliXL 21 years, 11 months ago
Who have 3Dlabs hardware?

Everyone on this site talk about ATI and Nvidia but it''s 3D lab that suggest all thoses new fatures to the ARB.

I rarely see cards based on 3D Labs GPU. They seam quite unpopular.
Advertisement
__ALex_J_ : they are not unpopular. They are EXPENSIVE!

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
hehe... 3DLabs... unpopular... hehehe... you're funny

Strangely enough, the graphics industry does still exist beyond the borders of Consumersville. All these features coming out on nVidia and ATI graphics cards are by no means new and daring... they have simply been pushed down from the workstation level to the financial reach of the average Joe.

[edit] - I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't (or still wish to read in awe ), this is 3DLabs' latest effort to kickstart OpenGL 2.0 ...I am thinking I may well hold off on buying a new vid card for a little while
*starts scraping pennies into a jar*

[edited by - Bad Monkey on May 5, 2002 9:21:22 PM]
quote:Original post by davepermen
vertex arrays can be floats (as today) or ints, shorts, chars what ever texture data can be chars like now, or shorts, or ints, or floats as well (finally! yeah!)

Okay, I know these data-types. But why would using them drop the triangle as a basic unit? And with what would the triangle be replaced then?

Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement