Does anyone know a tutorial that teaches you how to create online-action games?

Started by
2 comments, last by devc_kid 21 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know a tutorial that teaches you how to create online-action games? I need one for my Dev C++ compiler.
TL
Advertisement
Tutorials are for simple things. Online-action games are not simple. Therefore I doubt you will find a relevant tutorial. I think you probably need to start with something easier.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions ]
Making an online action game involves many things. Tutorials wouldnt really be tutorials if they tell you everyhing about a broad area. Look for tutorials on individual aspects of the game. For example, graphics, sound, input, networking, game engine design, etc are some of the things you would need to know.
i have a notion. learn how to crawl before running.

first learn to program. then learn a graphics/sound api to make a single player action game. then write a web server, chat client/server using the network api of your choice (dplay,sockets,etc). then put it all together. remeber break the problem down, and take it one step at a time. sooner or later you will make the game you want.

if you really want such a thing, look for a book called "Coding action online games in 21 seconds", it should be right next to the instant learning machine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement