classes->conversion course

Started by
2 comments, last by edwinnie 21 years, 11 months ago
okie, i have already completed a tetris clonie finalli. but thinking again,i am only using Mr Lamothe's game engine, which is a hybrid of procedural and OO way of programming. i am reading "classes" now, but i was considering, since so much reference has been made on OO as a better way, is it recommended that i can "convert" Mr Lamothe's game engine into "classes" form? [edited by - edwinnie on May 4, 2002 9:15:39 AM]
Advertisement
For easier work with the engine is recommended too convert into OOP. But it''s your choice. If you like it the way it is leave it. If you don''t feal easy with it convert it. Most engine are OOP. Or even better is to rewrite the entire engine your way. You then understand all the code, DirectX and you have it your way.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
Yes, I think it would be a better idea. Actually, I''m using TOTWGPG as a reference myself, and this is exactly what I''m doing! LaMothe teaches very well, but the code in the book is very messy (whether because he has to present it piecemeal along with the explanations or whether his coding style is inherently messy I don''t know). The main reason, as I see it, is to get rid of all the globals. They create a horrible mess and invite you to make mistakes. Of course, if all you''re doing is using LaMothe''s functions exactly as they are, you might as well leave it unless for the learning experience ...
thx!
i guess i shall do that conversion then.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement