Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Competing Code

This topic is 5707 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can I set a few competing algorithms against each other? Each one will be using a header file, so that the algorithms can compete to do something simple, playing checkers for example. In effect, I will have 3rd party code being written and it will only include a header that I develop so they can use their algorithm to control things, sort of like an API. I''m trying to find some way to allow these pieces of code to be pitted against each other without including them one by one in my final executable. I was hoping to develop some kind of executable to make the algorithms, in the form of exe''s compete against each other. Each individual algorithm will need to be able to get information from my main program, and the main program will need to get the chosen path from the algorithms. I don''t want to include them all by hand. So far, the only solution I came up with is to use dll''s somehow, but is there some way to pass this information back and forth using something simpler, possibly something like the standard in/out? The effect I''m going for is really something like those RobotWars things in Java, but I''m needing it done in C++.