• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andre Luiz Silva

Visual C or C Builder?

This topic is 6795 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody, I have some knowledge on C++ for DOS and I''m planning to move to Visual C or C Builder. Which one do you think is better for game development, and why? Thanks in advance, Andre Luiz Silva André Luiz Silva "There is no knowledge that is not power"

Advertisement
Personally i use visual c++ i dont think there is really such a big difference ......i just like the environment and i think that maybe c++ builder tempts you to use all the standard stuff ........i looks alot like delphi and works basically the same way. If u want to learn c++ i think visual c++ is a really good place to start..........but hey im a newbie myself ;-)

For DirectX development, it seems that most of the tutorials out there have their code in Visual C. So, it is hard to learn for the Borland compiler, although there are a few out there if you look

Also, Microsofts DX library''s don''t work very well with Borland Builder, so they made some special libraries for Builder which don''t seem to have everything (somebody correct me if I''m wrong here).

Personally, I like Visual C++ best, but I''ve got introductory versions of Visual C++ and Borland Builder, so the compilers may be quite a bit different from what I have experienced. Though I doubt it.

-Blackstream

"Just you wait until I buy a compiler! Then I will make buggy programs that I am allowed to distribute"

as a programmer, i have used both of the visual c and c builder, they both do the same thing, basically.
if u want to make a gdi application rapidly, i suggest use of borland cbuilder since it has more visual stuff. and it works perfect for application development and it''s much faster than visual c in that.
but if u''re working on a really big project (a game maybe) you better use visual c, i figured that borland cbuilder has some problems handling very large projects.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!