How to rotate a 3d object about a given axis in D3DRM?

Started by
3 comments, last by wilehorse 21 years, 11 months ago
I built a 3d object by loading a X file in D3DRM. and I want to rotate the object about a given axis but not its local axis or world axis. i don''t know how to achieve it. i wrote the program by visual basic 6.0. Any help will be appreciated!!!
Advertisement
I don't know what function you should use but i strongly suggest you to abandone retained mode.It's D34d

[edited by - PiXeLatiOn on May 5, 2002 5:31:06 AM]
-Da Mr.RaSt3RiZah-
i have to use d3drm since i want to control the animation in the scene in real time.
can i define the given axis as local axis in 3dmax then translate it to x file to achieve the rotation?
i did so yesterday, but my 3d object which is made up of three parts was separated in the scene.
Then you would want to use ''immediate mode'' not ''retained mode''

Magmai Kai Holmlor

"Oh, like you''ve never written buggy code" - Lee

[Look for information | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MSDN RTF[L] | SGI STL Docs | STFW | Asking Smart Questions ]

[Free C++ Libraries | Boost | ACE | Loki | MTL | Blitz++ ]

Shamelessly ripped from Oluseyi
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
does x file contain the message of local axis? if not, how can the program recognize it? what is the default local axis? can i change it? how to change it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement