Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wilehorse

Question about animation and x file

hi i built a 3D model and set the animation in 3dmax4,then produced the x file from 3ds file by the command: conv3ds -A -m filename.3ds i don''t know how to achieve the animation in visual basic, so i put the x file in the vb sample of directx7, d3drm sample "robot". it can not move.why? my x file didn''t contain an animation set? and i can not find direct3d rm viewer in my directx7 sdk too . it is said that the viewer can check the new x file. how can i compile the x file in vb environment. is it the only way to achieve animation? i''m new for directx and met a lot of questions in learning it. if anyone who have examples of the d3drm in vb , please send to my email: wilehorse@163.com thanks very much

i opened my x file finally and found no template Animation, template AnimationKey ,template Animationset and template AnimationOptions in my x file. there must be something wrong with it.
i can see the animation when run animation of my 3ds file in 3dmax. and according to the help of directx7 sdk,
If the .3ds file contains key frame data, i can use the -A option to produce an .x file that contains an animation set.
which step was wrong? the tranlation form .3ds file to x file or the .3ds file itself? the .3ds file didn't contains animation set?

[edited by - wilehorse on May 5, 2002 5:57:26 AM]

sounds like something is going wrong in the conversion from 3ds to x. this is not an uncommon problem. the conv3ds and X file exporters are known to be buggy. i would just read up on the docs as much as possible. look for things like that tell you how your mesh must be set up for it to work and such. sorry I dont have more specific info. the docs are always a good place to start.

i deleted the -m in command, this time i found animation templates in my x file. but the model in vb picture still can not move.
i also exported the x file by 3dmax4 plug-in in directx8.1 extra.
the model was still too.
how can i achieve the animaiton?