Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone think I should buy this product? Visual C++ 6.0 programming starter kit?

This topic is 5701 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone think I should buy this product? Visual C++ 6.0 programming starter kit? It has the Visual C++ Introductry Edition. I can''t buy the Standard and the Pro edition now. Im 13 years old.

Have a look at the MS student license scheme. I don''t know whether you can get VC++ on its own, but the entire Visual Studio 5 pro was around £100 a few years ago. If you can get C++ on its own, it will (probably) be a good deal cheaper than that.

I''m very sorry but why BUY?? Find someone with a ADSL/cable connection and ask if you may download the intro version from there?? VC++ 6 is a good compiler in my opinion(Took me awhile before gotten used to the syntax highlight, but I know find it better then Borland). The intro version is for free so download it somewhere. Maybe someone in your surroundings has it on CD.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

I bought that programming starter kit, and I can tell you that the book going along with that product sucks.
Also know this:
When running any application you''ve done with introduction version, you got a nasty popup stating you can''t distribute introduction vc++ compiled programs.

I strongly agree on downloading.
Either that or try saving money to afford the standard edition.

Save all your money and Get a Decent IDE, Maybe DevC++ 4.01 or Textpad.. www.textpad.com great little program really!!! Does HTML as well as c,c++... And goto www.borland.com and get the Borland C++ Build 5.05 Free Compiler.. it rocks, and has lots of STL examples...

if you dont like it dont use it. there are legal free alternatives, and piracy is not one of them. if the intro version is free, then please post a link to where it can be downloaded on MICROSOFTS site. cause if it aint there, it aint free.