Recompiling NeHe's tutorials..

Started by
4 comments, last by Jason18751 21 years, 11 months ago
I recently downloaded one of NeHe''s tutorials from his site (lesson10 if it matter), and have a question. I''ve made a few changes to the code, and am trying to rebuild the exe. First I compile the edited file, no errors. Then, I build it, again no errors. To test it, I execute through MVC++ (where I am doing all this) and it works, edits and all. However, When I exit MVC++ and browse to the file then run it, it doesn''t work. More specifcally, my edits don''t. It still runs the way it was origanally intended to, but without my edits. Any help would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Eh..

In an attempt to correct it myself, I deleted the .exe that came with the lesson download. I then went through all the building and compiling.

It still runs fine (even edits) in MVC++, but now when I browse to the folder, there isn''t even an exe file.

Am I missing something like an export option or something?
new to vc++? it builds to a directory called debug or release (depending on which build option you choose)
www.FlegDev.tkJust code it!
The exe file should be in Debug\ or Release\ subfolder of your project, if this helps you.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Your compiled exe should be in the Debug folder...
.\Debug\[project].exe
Doh..

I found it now, thanks everyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement