what compiller

Started by
11 comments, last by cpp boy 21 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone i was just asking what compiller people like you use is it c++ if yes tell what c++ like vc++ or borland c++ or if other then you can just say language Kevin
Kevin
Advertisement
MSVC++
I smell smoke...

Look here for the GameDev article on which language to use.

[edited by - Michalson on May 5, 2002 12:46:06 PM]
Everybody here will agree unanimously that the best language to learn is Borland Java Visual C++ and the best compiler for that is Sun Microsystem''s QBasic++, Pascal edition (which was written in COBOL).
quote:Original post by fallenang3l
Everybody here will agree unanimously that the best language to learn is Borland Java Visual C++ and the best compiler for that is Sun Microsystem's QBasic++, Pascal edition (which was written in COBOL).

You forgot Python.

EDIT: Prepare to be flamed.

[edited by - Michalson on May 5, 2002 1:13:26 PM]
I use MSVC++ 6.0, although I have tried CodeWarrior 5, but didn''t really like the IDE much...

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Actually, Visual Studio.Net is better than all so far IMHO
In general, choosing a compiler is a bad idea. Since you''re writing in programming code and not plain english, the computer can understand you anyway, especially if it''s overclocked. Just don''t forget to give your program the .exe ending; that''s pretty much all other compilers do, except they give you errors if you code in a way they don''t like.

Also, most compilers include spyware, which sends all your good ideas back to microsoft. Then they can spend lots of money and make a game from your idea, in less time than you can. And since agreeing to their EULA makes you give away all your rights, you can''t even sue them.
quote:Original post by fallenang3l:
"...Borland Java Visual C++..."

...also known as C#

[edited by - OrangyTang on May 5, 2002 8:26:35 PM]
quote:Original post by Sneftel
Also, most compilers include spyware, which sends all your good ideas back to microsoft. Then they can spend lots of money and make a game from your idea, in less time than you can. And since agreeing to their EULA makes you give away all your rights, you can''t even sue them.

I don''t think so. MS software has too much built in bugs and performance issues. I bet that they create all software using "Random Application Development Kit" from Apple..!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement