Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screensaver

This topic is 5701 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi hi Does anyone know how I can create a screensaver? My friend suggested that I sign onto this network and I''ll get the answer somehow. Any help would be appreciated Have a great day! - Lilwonder <-- girl who obviously doesn''t know much about computers.

its easy, just create a program, and replace the extention from .exe to .scr i think. I did it with an open GL prgram. Make sure u hav the code to exit it tho. This is assuming u have some sort of programming knowlege.

-J

[edited by - jason2jason on May 5, 2002 2:08:33 PM]

Thanks guys Unfortunately, I have NO programming experience whatsoever. I chose to do music, drama, pottery, history and biology over computer tech during course selections in my younger grades. HTML programming is about all I can do. Osh, who would''ve known creating a screen saver is so hard! LOL I guess I have my work cut out for me this summer (Any clue as to WHERE I should start?)

Thanks anyway guys!

*big hugs*

Luv Lil.

Jason2Jason: I''d like to know how you got that to work. I tried it a couple of times before and it worked as a screensaver, but everytime I tried to exit the screensaver it would reload! My attempts were in VB with an infinite loop which might be part of the problem right there, but I think I may have had this problem with C/C++ and DirectX (my memory doesn''t work so good on low sleep...college finals are a pain!)

quote:
Original post by bob_the_third
Jason2Jason: I''d like to know how you got that to work. I tried it a couple of times before and it worked as a screensaver, but everytime I tried to exit the screensaver it would reload! My attempts were in VB with an infinite loop which might be part of the problem right there, but I think I may have had this problem with C/C++ and DirectX (my memory doesn''t work so good on low sleep...college finals are a pain!)

Well all i did once, was make a massive spinning letter J that was shaded, using NeHe''s base code for OpenGL (the first base code). That checked for key/mouse use every time a message was waiting, All i did was to exit the program the normal way. To get it to work as a screen saver, I saved it as a .scr file, and draged it into the window dir. Then I activated the normal way in the display properties. This is win 98se if that makes any difference.

-J