Thinking of selling my game

Started by
10 comments, last by benjamin bunny 21 years, 10 months ago
Sure the customer doesn''t care about you.

Anyway in my opinion you would be right if we would be talking about shoes or food. My point is that you cannot really compare games with each other. Two games about star trading for example are (as long as one is not a clone of the other) be a lot of different, even when the main game goal (get money by trading goods between planets) is the same.

Take at it a look this way: You know of two games about star trading. Now you download the demo of Smugglers 2 - for example. Lets assume:
a) You liked it. It is great fun and you are addicted. You want to know how the game goes on, want to see the whole Universe, want to play longer. Do you go and download the demo of the second game and then compare and buy the cheaper one? Hell no, at least I go out and buy the one I am already addicted to!
b) You don''t know whether you liked it. It was OK, but nothing spectacular You will never get your creditcard out and buy it in the INet from forgeign people. Or would you buy a game that you do not like 100% if a game you really costs 5$ more?

Summary (again): If they are hooked, they NEED this game no matter what it costs. If they are not hooked, it is very unlikely they buy anyway.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
Clearly there are mixed views here. I could sell my game for $15, and stand to gain more money, but possibly no-one would buy it; yet if I sell it for 9.95, I''ve got one sale already (thanks FXO) , but then possibly no-one else would buy it.

I''ll have to decide what it''s worth when the game gets nearer completion. I have a 4 elements entry to complete before that though, so it might be another month or two. Thanks for the feedback.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement