I need help with C++

Started by
7 comments, last by BudWeisser 21 years, 11 months ago
I never programmed before and i want to start to learn c++. I have already checked the beginners section of resources. Please help on what materials to get. I need to know what books and other resources to get. I have no clue about chosing any materiasls to learn with. thanks [edited by - BudWeisser on May 5, 2002 7:59:13 PM]
Advertisement
See the "For Beginners" link up there at the top? Click it.
The beginners section that you claim to have read does contain a large listing of nice resources (books, tutorials, etc.) that will help you get started...

Things are not what they are.
You can download a trial/personal version of a C++ compiler:
Borland C++ Builder Enterprise Trial
Bloodshed Dev-C++ 4.0 Trial

then buy a beginners C++ book (recommended) or check out the tutorials at this site, here at microsoft, or just put "C++ beginner tutorial" into Google and select from hundreds.

[EDIT]: BTW, the first link google returns is descibed as "c, c++, c__,tutorial, newbie, beginner, how, to, how to program, ... "

[edited by - Michalson on May 6, 2002 12:01:49 PM]
I would recommend picking up Bloodshed Dev-C++ from bloodshed.net and then going to a store, or amazon.com and buying a book. Look around for reviews, and then just buy a book, read it, inhale, and suck in all of the information in it.

--Baseball isn''''t right. A man can NOT walk with four balls.
--Baseball isn''t right. A man can NOT walk with four balls.
Michalson: There is no trial version of Dev-C++ 4. The full version is available for free (under the GPL).

In my experience Dev-C++ 5 beta 2 is *alot* more stable than version 4.

To download either version go to bloodshed.net.
quote:Original post by Dactylos
Michalson: There is no trial version of Dev-C++ 4. The full version is available for free (under the GPL).

In my experience Dev-C++ 5 beta 2 is *alot* more stable than version 4.

To download either version go to bloodshed.net.

Unfortunately I was looking on download.com for it, which reports Bloodshed (incorrectly apparently) as a trial licence.
Check out my siganature links. Specificly "For beginners" and "free books".

[DirectX Tutorials] [Gamasutra]
Has anyone got the syntax highlighting - thingie to work in Dev-C++ Beta 2 ? If I recall correctly, Dev-C++ crashed when I tried to change the highlighting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement