decided to have some fun: driveable vehicle :)

Started by
70 comments, last by RipTorn 21 years, 10 months ago
Woooowwwwwww!!!!!!!

I''m on my new laptop (just arrived) and I tried the demo on this baby. It plays like a dream!

I don''t know the numbers for fullscreen mode, but it played >60 fps windowed on WinXP, 1.8 GHz P4, GeForce 4 440 GO, 256 RAM.

This was only the first run... I''m goin'' back for more!!
Advertisement
LOL

awesome

although I''m sorry to dissapoint people, I''ve decided to put the project on hold. I started it sooooo long ago that my inital plans have been well exceeded, and as such, the code has got to a point where most of it has been rewritten 5 times, and it''s unreliable... So, I''ve decided that I will create a new core ''base code'' engine from scratch (about 50% done)...
I''ll probably release this as a lib. Just as the base code to this demo was going to be.
My first project off of it will be a space shooter.. Then I''ll remake this, just a lot better and faster.
I''m really looking forward to making the space game.. I tried to make it a long time ago, but I didn''t have the knowlege. Now I do, and with the features of this engine in it (just better) all sorts of crazy stuff will be easily possible. Should be good fun.

http://www.riptorn.8m.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement