Programming maths books

Started by
2 comments, last by endo 21 years, 11 months ago
Can anyone recommend any good maths books aimed at programmers? Something easy to read and covering most of the topics I will need, and which doesn''t rely on me already having a PhD in Pure Mathematics
Advertisement
Try some of these books. Personally I found I needed to go back to school, retake calculus and a few other courses I never had.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.
Aaarggghh cant go back to college now, I''ve got no cash left after the last time!!

Thanks for the susggestions, I''ll check out the reviews and look into getting one.
I''d definately recommend "Mathematics for Computer Graphics Applications" - it takes you through the important stuff in pretty painless way provided you''re prepared to work through it properly (I''m from a programming/computer science background rather than a maths one).

Also on my list would be Realtime Rendering. The matrix and vector information in there is good and geared specifically towards what you need for 3D programming. That book also has tons of other useful stuff about all areas of graphics programming.

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement