Where can I find the OGL sdk?

Started by
10 comments, last by Imperil 21 years, 11 months ago
Maybe I just haven''t looked hard enough, but I just spent two hours looking for where I can download the ogl api with headers, etc. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Thanks =)
Advertisement
If U have M$ Visual C++ 6 then U already have Opengl api, (headers in .../include/gl/(gl.h glu.h glaux.h) and libraries in .../lib/(opengl32.lib glu32.lib glaux.lib)). And in MSDN shipped with VC is help for this api.
I don''t know if this can help U but there is some link for opengl api from M$ http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95upg/info/1/W95/EN-US/Opengl95.exe
Glubo the mad
Glubo the MadI am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
Awesome thanks, I didn''t know it was packaged with VC.

My development machine is currently running Windows 2000 and I''m using the Visual Studio .NET platform for development.

Thanks again =)
hmm I did a search on my system and there are no openGL headers or libs installed. I stated my OS and development platform above.

Is there anywhere else I could get these?

Thanks =)
opengl.org
they are definitely bundled with studio .NET

here''s my path to them:

headers:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\gl\

lib:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib

-me
glaux is deprecated. Use it at your own risk.

quote:From the jargon file
deprecated adj.

Said of a program or feature that is considered obsolescent and in the process of being phased out, usually in favor of a specified replacement. Deprecated features can, unfortunately, linger on for many years. This term appears with distressing frequency in standards documents when the committees writing the documents realize that large amounts of extant (and presumably happily working) code depend on the feature(s) that have passed out of favor.

[Questions (STFW) | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search | Forum FAQ | Google | Asking Smart Questions ]
[Docs (RTFM) | MSDN | SGI''s STL | OpenGL | File formats]
[C++ Must Haves (RTFS) | MinGW | Boost | Loki | FLTK | SDL ]

Stolen from Magmai Kai Holmlor, who held it from Oluseyi, who was inspired by Kylotan...
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
OpenGL information.

OpenGL Reference Manual

OpenGL Programmer''s Guide

OpenGL Platform SDK @ MSDN

should be enough to get you started....

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
quote:glaux is deprecated. Use it at your own risk.
Im an newbie to OpenGL, what is that used for, and how and why, is it dprecated.
Just don't use it - it's deprecated!

You should be able to link to opengl32.lib and glu32.lib, #include <gl/gl.h> and <gl/glu.h>, then you'll be set.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

Edit - cursed <>s!

[edited by - siaspete on May 6, 2002 7:57:27 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement