Crimsonland

Started by
5 comments, last by Temper 21 years, 11 months ago
I finished coding a small action slaughter game called Crimsonland. Please try it and tell me what you think about it You can find the newest version of the game at URL http://crimsonland.10tons.org --temper
Advertisement
didnt work
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
didnt work

Do you have DirectX 8.1 properly installed? Have you got more (or less powerful graphics card than Riva TNT?

The game has worked fine pretty much on every system it''s been tested..
Worked perfect for me.
It''s a fun little game, but I do have a few issues with it:

1) What does a level up do? Does it mean that there are more and harder monsters on the screen at once or does it mean that I have improved in some way, speed,accuracy etc.? Either way you should have some indication of what level your on.

2)The accuracy is horrendous! I can appreciate that by moving your accuracy is gonna be off, but when I''m standing still aiming at a creature I don''t expect my shots to continually be too far to the left or right. It''s not so bad when you get the plasma rifle or machine gun type weapon because by that time there''s usually a fair few enemies on the screen so you can''t stand still anyway.

3)What does bend time do? Is it even implemented yet? As far as I can tell it doesn''t do a thing. Do you need some power-up to use it? Or do you have to be on a certain level?

4) I know it''s a "ReadMe Lite" but the readme could be a little better. More information on what weapons you get, the bad guys etc.

Don''t get me wrong I liked the game, but I feel it could have been better(see above points).

- DarkIce

quote:Original post by DarkIce
1) What does a level up do? Does it mean that there are more and harder monsters on the screen at once or does it mean that I have improved in some way, speed,accuracy etc.? Either way you should have some indication of what level your on.

By clicking the words "+level up" you can pick a perk. Basicly you can pick a perk per level, nothing else improves at this point. You are right, there should be more info on which exp. level you are on etc.

quote:
2)The accuracy is horrendous! I can appreciate that by moving your accuracy is gonna be off, but when I'm standing still aiming at a creature I don't expect my shots to continually be too far to the left or right. It's not so bad when you get the plasma rifle or machine gun type weapon because by that time there's usually a fair few enemies on the screen so you can't stand still anyway.

Hmm yeah the aiming should be better atleast when standing still. I'll work on that one..

quote:3)What does bend time do? Is it even implemented yet? As far as I can tell it doesn't do a thing. Do you need some power-up to use it? Or do you have to be on a certain level?

You have to have perk Time Bender gained to be able to bend time. That level up thingie on 1)

quote:4) I know it's a "ReadMe Lite" but the readme could be a little better. More information on what weapons you get, the bad guys etc.

You must be the first one to actually read the readme But you're right, and I intend to upgrade Lite to atleast Almost Regular size.

Thanks. =)

--temper

[edited by - temper on May 7, 2002 4:03:14 PM]
This is a really fun little game, you could probibly turn it into a full game if you added levels, a objective and new graphics to it. Like DOOM but 2D overhead.
MSN Messenger: Thomas_Szafran@hotmail.com
quote:Original post by Tszafran
This is a really fun little game, you could probibly turn it into a full game if you added levels, a objective and new graphics to it. Like DOOM but 2D overhead.

That might be fun. It''s just I coded the thing pretty much overnight (to test my 2D API http://grim.10tons.org) so everything in the code ain''t that clean and organized :/

And the graphics are a bit of a problem too. Or more like producing them -- I''m not much of a 3d modeller myself.

I think I''ll code something new and refreshing for the next, like something for that 4E3

Thanks for your comment =)

--temper

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement