Damn this is difficult!

Started by
16 comments, last by Ganryu 21 years, 11 months ago
youse photo shop to draw image you want in 2d then save pic as bitmap .inport pic into 3d program eg 3d max as texture ..and you should have a skin/texture...bryce5 helps do get deep layerd textures...this might have to be done in segments
hope i helped
Advertisement
ok im back lol
a basic example
eg take a face model:

go into 3d max and UVW map modle {clindrical mapping).
go into ...photoshop load a face jpeg and add layer trace the desired shape[texture].
back in 3d max apply image to your model and render.

good luck
Is this model going into a game engine, or are you rendering it?

If the later, good lighting might help. A lot.
Check out this site ( and especially the video tutorial ):
QBranch
I think you''ll find it helpful.

------------------
Lars Rinde | taharez@gdnmail.net
YAY! That link roxxorz! :D

To the AP: It''s going to be in a game, so it ain''t pre-rendered.
Great link Taharez, thx for the info.
Why get a digital camera so you can get the color of your skin? I would think that it would be easier just to take the skin color off of a professionally photographed picture from the web.
I think you miss the point of the excersize, this isn''t just a one time deal. This technique could be used for many different textures. Besides digital cameras are very useful tools for an artist. For example, if I''m inspired by something I see out in the world. Having a picture of it that can be manipulated can come in handy later on. Plus theres software out that can construct models using several photos of an object from different angles. Skin textures are just the icing on the cake.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement