HELP! I need stripped down version of DirectX 8!

Started by
4 comments, last by Cipher3D 21 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know where I can download the DirectX 8 SDK with the extras (i.e. only the required header and library files?) I need to turn in a school project tommorow and I need the SDK! Thanks! Cipher3D
I eat heart attacks
Advertisement
well i hate to say it, but you cant learn dx8 in less then a day. espcially if you dont even have the sdk yet. go to micrososfts web site. its quite easily found using the search facility of the site. the sdk is approx 173mb though smaller packages exist, if you do a component (ie c++ only) download. expect at least 63-80mb of downlaoding though. ms does not distribute just the headers and libs. though you may find it somewhere on their site away from the main pages.

instead, why not finish your project with the tools you have currently. also out of curiousity how far along with the project are you? what are you making? and are you using tutrials as base code?
i think he just meant he needs to turn in the code, and so also needs the sdk so the teacher can install it, but wants the sdk to be as minimal as possible.

as for the original question, i don't really know but your best chance would be browsing around the microsoft site

ewen

edit: quick search of microsoft site brought up this. You probably need the DX8 developer runtime (65.2 MB) and the DX8.1 C++ SDK (124 MB). So it looks like you are looking at a minimum of 190 MB and 2 installs with this path.

[edited by - echeslack on May 6, 2002 7:42:34 PM]
You shouldn''t "need" the developer runtime, but if you don''t get it you won''t get the often-handy debug info from DirectX.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Actually, I''m making a game, but somehow my SDK got erased, and my CD just happened to be gone! I need to fix bugs and compile, and I can''t because the SDK''s gone. Oh man oh man - my teacher is going to be mad!

Thanks
Cipher3D
I eat heart attacks
You still need the SDK.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement