Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qually

Problem with direct draw display

Qually    122
I created a tetris clone using direct draw a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine. It consists of a background bitmap layer, then several other layers for active block, blocks that have already fallen, and score. For some reason now though, the background bitmap, which is white, has a black line that goes to a random place in the screen every time the frame is updated. but when i put in a counter to stop updating after X frames, the black line isnt there, and it just displays a freeze frame. Also, when i try to take screen shots, the black line isnt there. I know it is a problem with the background blt because when i only display the background it happens, and when i display everything but the background it doesnt. I am thinking it is a problem with a refresh rate or something because it didnt happen before. does anyone have an idea what is causing this? if this is unclear i can post any part of the code or all of it if anyone wants.

a person    118
make sure you are double buffering and when you flip() it you DONT use the novsync flag. see the sdk for more details. you are correct, its a refresh problem. easily fixed if you double buffer, further refined by flipping to vsync.