• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voodoo

PR joint efforts ideas for game submit idea here:P

This topic is 6816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Hi Folks,
Heres a few Ideas. 1 based loosely on the idea Azreal submitted.

1 - Inside/Outside, Different Planets (Make for nice terrains) Can drive vehicles, hovercraft etc, just go out in teams and kill everyone. (Similar to Vendetta88 on the Playstation, but allow for Inside & Getting out of vehicles.) Probably a bit too Quakeish.

2 - Streetfighter Style game, use skinned skeletal characters, but add tonnes of anims. Possibly add true limits to limbs etc, so they respond to different forces, and can break, dislocate. Would need a lot of work with the CHR system, but holds a lot of promise.
Can be set in large Complexes, and not necessarily just one on one.

3 - True 3D Sideways Scroller, using lots of CHRs etc could be quite nice. Or could do TopDown Scroller.

4 - A Hunting game, but make it off planet, hunting alien species.

Cheers
Darrin

Forgot to mention, no quake clones to many of thoses I think everybody agrees!!!! heheheh

Ok. I agree, but I think we need to set a date on the ideas and then a voting process may help us decide which is better dont you think?

Per example lets set the final date for ideas on april 10, 2000
Voting begins april 11, ends april 20.
per example what do you think?

Ok,
Heres an idea.
Vehicle Based, Similar to Monster Trucks, but add weapons, larger terrain areas etc.
Could have vehicle selections, from tanks (Slow/Heavy Armour/Powerfull weapons) to Speeder Bikes (Fast/Low Armour/Smaller Weapons).
Make it network play (Up to 32 players), and make it sort of like a demolition Derby, last player left alive wins.

If we come up with a good vehicle physics model, we could just about let the competitors create their own vehicles from pre-defined components, which they could improve with winnings from events.

Make it sort of like a TV Program setup, future sports event. This does allow for Advertising Billboards, which we may be able to use to get real Advertising Dollars, once game nears completion.

A Vehicle Based game would be relatively easy to do, with a pretty quick turn around.

I also have a contact who could look into selling it on our behalf, and maybe organising the advertising billboards. (more than 10 years in the game marketing industry, for some pretty big companys/Titles)

Cheers
Darrin

Take the old arcade hit d&d or golden axe and make it 3d side scroller. the char system wiuld be killer for this beacsue we woiuld be able o implement all kinds of movement to the chars and layering fro clothing.

Hi Voodoo,
Just have to take into account the Current furore over retro arcade games.
I refer to an article last week, where Hasbro brought the rights to all of Ataris old arcade games, and then proceeded to sue everyone who had a commercial retro release of these games, or whos games looked similar in any way.

Check
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/business/features/hasbro1/

Cheers
Darrin

Ok Folks,
Heres a modification to the vehicle idea.
Have the players being able to ride/control mythological/alien style beasts, creating some of our own. Still full on battles, along the vehicle idea, but with Large behemoths, fast dragons, arachnid based ones, giant scorpians etc etc. Think of a medievil battlefield with centaurs, cyclops fighting dragons etc etc, or an alien world along the lines of Starship troopers, where you control the aliens, battling each other in glorious 3D.

Just an idea, would require a lot of Character animations, but holds a bit of promise.

Cheers
Darrin
- Anyone else have any ideas??

Hey DArrin, since you like that idea so much and nobody is pushing, for other ideas, I will folow you on that.

Hey nice idea, darrin!
I was going to suggest a "Braveheart" style modification, to the vehicle idea , you know where you held axes and swords riding on horses, But I liked your idea better specially the part of using gigantic monsters, insects

Edited by - Azrael on 3/13/00 11:15:07 AM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!