Test my engine?

Started by
45 comments, last by altair734 24 years ago
Pretty good. ~500 FPS on an Athlon 500 w/ TNT2

Try out mine now.

It runs in 640x480x16 and has MP3 support, scrolling etc.
Decided I'd post it since this seems to be a good "Try out my engine thread Soon I'll be adding a particle system too.

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/laser/123/tileengine.zip

Edited by - Rappler on 3/25/00 10:59:59 PM

Edited by - Rappler on 3/25/00 11:00:49 PM
"The Gates of Pearl have turned to gold, it seems you've lost your way."
Advertisement
Rappler, it just shows a black screen with the mouse cursor. When I press 1, 2, etc.. it just beeps at me. when i hit spacebar it exits...
Hi Rappler

Sory to say so, but I couldn''t get it to work either. I got the same black screen with a cursor on. And no sound.

When I pressed the Alt-Tab to switch out of your game I noticed a popup box with the text ''Sound Init Error'' or something like that.

Regards

Nicolai Buch-Andersen
I got 651FPS!
My system is a Intel PIII 533Mhz with a Voodoo3 3000 Graphics card. You may want to be able to vary the FPS, in the game I''m developing you can set the max FPS in the registry so that on laptops w/ refresh rates of 30 times per second it''ll still look ok, but for the serious gamers they can but the fps at 75 or (The highest refresh rate I''ve ever seen on a monitor is 120hz, so don''t go above 120 fps)
Hope this helps!
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
250 FPS on my PII 450 (fully upgraded, no errors, haha )
i think hes had enough FPS reports, so lets switch to suggestions: allow more than one keypress at a time, altair734, and make the guy move slower (unless he has magic boots!). Slow down the FPS counter, my eyes hurt!
I got 516-569 FPS on my PIII 450 with 128MB RAM and a 16MB Voodoo Banchiee
------------------------------"My sword is like a menacing cloud, but instead of rain, blood will pour in its path." - Sehabeddin, Turkish Military Commander 1438.
I tested your engine. I got about 200 fps on a Pentium II 350 mhz, 64mb RAM an a matrox milenium g-200 mb video card.
Pretty good, but the graphics is not realy cool
OctavianE-mail: [email=octav@octavsoft.com]octav@octavsoft.com[/email]Webpage: http://www.octavsoft.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement