Windows Millineum

Started by
61 comments, last by Deluxe 24 years, 1 month ago
There is a new OS coming out called Windows Millineum. I have heard it has the stabibilty of Windows NT and has the latest versions of DirectX. I am not sure about this because it is what I''ve heard. My friend''s brother is a Windows beta tester. I''ll ask him for more info on stability an stuff.
Does anyone listen to Destiny''s Child, TLC, or Sammie?
Advertisement
Windows 2000 basically has the stability (read: kernel) of NT4, and the latest version of DX.

Millenium is gonna keep the 95/98 kernel, which in my opinion is...

Ill stop right there, children might read this
I''ve been in since beta 1, and I can honestly say it''s better than 98. However, I still wouldn''t call it a great os. Anyway, my programs work on it, so I''m happy.
Windows on the whole, changed the role of computers on this planet even though it has a few bugs. just imagine a divided OS market and low hardware growth and other things. if it weren''t for bill gates most of the programmers would be making french fries for a living(and eating them themselves). it would be a different scene altogether. i dont care if children see this but those who deny the above thoughts SSSS U U CCC K K
S U U C K K
SSSS U U C KK
S U U C K K
ssss UUU CCC K K

WINDOWS RULZ
LINUX SUX

Kill the penguin. eat it for thanksgiving!

Raptor
quote:Original post by Ampere

I''ve been in since beta 1, and I can honestly say it''s better than 98.

I understand that DOS will be completly dropped in Windows 98 ME. Ampere, since you are a beta tester, is this true?

Just curious...
Amazon babes are cool.
So you''re about 15 and have never tried any other OS than windoze? Sure it may have made a huge change in the way people use x86 PC''s, but it wasn''t like it hadn''t been done before (X, MacOS, Xerox PARC had a good one too) and it doesn''t make it the best OS either, some of us don''t like the fact that windows crashes all the time.
DOS is, ummm... sort of gone. You can''t boot to it, but it''s still there. You can open a prompt from windows, but that doesn''t help much when you need to do something like flash your BIOS. DOS apps aren''t supported, but ones that work on 95/98 tend to still be ok.
How can you credit Bill Gates with all of the technological
advances that have taken place in the last 30-40 years?
So Gates designed Pentiums, routers, TCP/IP, WWW, C++, etc?
NO, he did not. He copied an OS concept from Apple and marketed it very, very well. Now he is super rich and you think he is God. He is not...I give tremendous respect to him, but also to countless others who contributed to everything that we now have(all the cool nerd stuff).

And you''d like to kill Linux, yeah that''s a good plan...because competition doesn''t increase quality and drive down prices.
Oh wait, YES IT DOES!
What''s wrong with a kick ass OS for free? You don''t have to use it, but I suggest you learn how...it''s not going away soon.
Now don''t get me wrong, I love my DOS 6 up through my Win3.1 to my Win95, but I hate MACs. The closer you get to NT it seems the closer you get to MAC. Here''s my logic on that:
I want to control my computer, a can do that in DOS and windows, I can access my hardware directly and configure how stuff gets done.
NT is more of a magic black box that I don''t have to worry about...Just like a MAC.

I hope I made some sense. Let''s recap:

Gates != God;
Linux = "cool";
Microsoft = NULL;
Me = "Big Nerd";
You = "I hope nobody yells at this post."

When life hands you lemons, throw them at God's head.
Note to Ampere...

[Paths]
WinDir=C:\WINDOWS
WinBootDir=C:\WINDOWS
HostWinBootDrv=C

[Options]
BootMulti=1
BootGUI=1
Network=1

Change your MSDOS.SYS file, the BootGUI line...make it a 0.
Now you will boot to DOS. Just in case you didn''t know that.

When life hands you lemons, throw them at God's head.
"He copied an OS concept from Apple" - This is not entirely true. Apple didn''t invent the window interface and neither did Microsoft. So don''t say MS stole. Now, I can''t say really who did, since...I''ve forgotten, but I do know that it isn''t them. And let''s look at the OS''s today, which ones non-CLI based OS''s is not using window interface?

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement