Mouse lag

Started by
2 comments, last by Gf11speed 24 years, 1 month ago
While working with the mouse, there is a particular lag. Anyhow, I''m doing it like this: int mouseX,mouseY; mouseX+=mouse_state.lX; mouseY+=mouse_state.lY; DrawBitmap(Cursor,mouseX,mouseY); Is there any way I can eliminate this lag? Do you know exactly what I mean when I say mouse lag? It can''t possibly be the computer, I have a 600mhz, 64RAM, blah blah... Thanks for you time.
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)
Advertisement
i heard there is an article on gamesdev about rendering the mouse cursor in another thread. this should be what you are searching for
How often is mouse_state getting updated? Are you manually updating mouse_state by processing buffered messages from the mouse? If you are using buffered messages, make sure you poll the mouse an appropriate number of times per second. Because you could get a lagged mouse, if say you''re only updating the mouse position once for every frame you render, even if the frame rate is maxxed at the monitor refresh rate.
Thanks, Aeetes! I updated the mouse_state twice-per-frame and it abolished the lag. Thanks a lot, I learned something:
the more you update the mouse per-frame, the more sensitive the mouse.
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement