• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s9801758

BrowseForFolder dialog control?

This topic is 6648 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, is there a common dialog that allows for the browsing for a folder? It has to return a string containing the folder including all parent folders and driver name. Example: "c:/temp" Is that possible. I looked at GetOpenFileName and GetSaveFileName but they only allow browsing for files. I also looked at SHBrowseForFolder but that one has several drawbacks: 1. It only returns the folder name and not the parent folders and driver letter. ex: "temp" 2. You cannot create new folders in that dialog control, like you can with the GetSaveFileName control which is really handy. Can anybody help me out? I don''t want to write an entire control myself since that is a waste of time. I looked over the entire msdn but could not find anything. Thanks for any reply. Jaap Suter

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!