• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zumichu

VC++ and the command line

This topic is 6797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK, I'm having a hell of time trying to compile source code using CL.exe (the VC++ compiler) from the command line. One problem might be with environment variables but I am using Windows 98. Is there a was to set the evironment in 98?? Any help would be great. thanks. I'm getting the error: can't open libci.lib Edited by - Zumichu on 3/14/00 1:29:51 AM

Advertisement
In that case you need to edit your config.sys and add a line like:
SHELL=COMMAND.COM /E:1024

I think that''s correct, I haven''t done it in a while. That reserves more memory (1k) for environment variables when starting a shell.

-Brian

because you have to show where command.com lives ...
try put a path in there like this ...
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:1024 /P
note the /P switch, it will prevent command.com being loaded twice in memory (makes new copy resident)...

-kertropp

You don''t have to adjust your environment space in the config.sys. When you run your command shell from the GUI, right click on the shortcut you use to create the shell and adjust the properties on that.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!