• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikael Svane

PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc

This topic is 6646 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am writing a dll in order to be able to use PR from another programming language, Dolphin Smalltalk. After having added most of the functions I am now experimenting with the the callback functions such as PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc. Since it isn''t possible to call functions in Smalltalk from the dll I am instead using WM_COPYDATA to send the argument, for example an PR_EMITTER in this case. This code looks like this: // Callback functions. void SendEmitterCollision (PR_EMITTER *emit) { COPYDATASTRUCT cds; cds.lpData = emit; cds.cbData = sizeof(PR_EMITTER); cds.dwData = EMITTER_COLLISION; SendMessage(WindowHandle, WM_COPYDATA, 0, (LPARAM)&cds); } Then I use PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc to point to this function. In the examples (example number twelve) this is done like this: PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc (BOUNCEPUFF_EMITTER, BouncePuffCollide); when BouncePuffCollide is defined like this: void BouncePuffCollide (PR_EMITTER *emit) And therefore I thought that I could simply write: extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) DLL_SetEmitterCollisionProc (PR_DWORD emitnum) { PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc (emitnum, SendEmitterCollision); } And then call DLL_SetEmitterCollisionProc once for each emitter in order to initialize, since they are all using the same function, but the MSVC 6.0 compiler doesn''t accept this. It gives the following error: error C2664: ''PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc'' : cannot convert parameter 2 from ''void (PR_EMITTER *)'' to ''void (__cdecl *)(void *)'' Why am I not allowed to do it like this when the example code is almost identical to my code? PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc is defined like this: void PR_SetEmitterCollisionProc (PR_DWORD emitnum, void (*collideproc) (void *emit)) I would very much appreciate any help on how to make this work. Thanks in advance /Micke

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!