NeHe's Tutorial

Started by
7 comments, last by Fredric 24 years, 1 month ago
I read a bit of NeHe''s tutorial on OpenGL, but then stopped. After reading the first 5 paragraphs, he was talking about things like WndProc() [or something like that] that I had NO clue about. Is there a book, tutorial in OpenGL that FULLY (doesn''t leave on term, line of code) explains most aspects of Opengl? I want to get on my feet and start to program with OpenGL, but I need a reference that explains EVERYTHING that is presented in the book, or I start asking myself questions- which obviously go unanswered, and then I never see the point of that particular topic in the end... all in all, I need an OpenGL book for the COMPLETE beginner (by beginniner I mean, no previous programming in VC++ [but of course, c/c++; graphics], and completely new to graphics). If this is too far of a stretch, what should I learn first? Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
if you dont'' know what WndProc means then you might wanna start by learning the win32 API and be fluent in C/C++. you''ll need to learn to write windows apps with ease before trying to tackle openGL.
-werdup-
Check out the OpenGL Superbible (book). It explains everything from Windows setup to some of the more advanced OpenGL topics.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

The OpenGL superbible is available for free on ITKnowledge
Spellbound- YOU DA MAN!!!! Thanks for showing me where that FREE book was! ou saved me a lotta dough! Geez... Thank you SO MUCH! I don''t know how to repay you...?

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
You''re welcome.

You can repay me by sending me $52.00. (Sorry, bad joke )

haha... yeah, that was bad, but you''re amazing! Cuz you showed me where that book was!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
I don''t care what anybody says, the best way to learn OpenGL is to stay well away from Win32 and wgl. Progress on to that when you''ve got the hang of the OpenGL stuff itself.

Use GLUT to handle windowing for you.

Go to my page for some simple GLUT based tutorials.

Paul Groves.
http://home.clara.net/paulyg
OpenGL for Beginners
Paul Grovespauls opengl page
staying away from win32 is just a good idea in general...

----------------------------------------
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
----------------------------------------Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement