• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saint Of Media

New To The Forum, Vet To The Industry

This topic is 6012 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

-->Well, I''m, 20 years old from NY city, I''ve had some really IMO interesting game ideas for a while and lately I realized why not put my ideas on paper and see what I can do with it, I''m dipping my toes in 3D art and game programming in C++ and BASIC, but level design and game design are my main parts of focus,I have a question any game companies in NY or the East coast? From the looks of things I might have to move to the West coast to advance in the industry.

Advertisement
welcome to the forums, but how exactly are you a vet? I mean... that usually implies industry experience as in "paid work" and "track record"...

quote:
Original post by Hase
welcome to the forums, but how exactly are you a vet? I mean... that usually implies industry experience as in "paid work" and "track record"...

Oh when I say "vet" it just means I''ve been gaming since I was like 5, and have studied the industry for as long as I can remember also. Not getting paid...yet.

Yeah...uhh please don''t say you''re a vet unless you''ve been paid for a long time. Most of us here are kinda like in your position. *sigh* I wish I was a vet. =D

-=Lohrno

agreed, you should be careful about what you call yourself.. otherwise people might think that you´re one of the know-it-all enthusiastic kiddies without a clue.

a vet is someone with 5+ years of industry experience and a track record of several games, preferably of different genres.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!